Tuesday, January 13, 2015

5 Questions for the Very Funny Helene Ellford

Helene Ellford is a writer/producer at The Peoples Improv Theater. I asked her 5 questions.

1) What can you tell us about "QSN with Helene Ellford?"

"QSN with Helene Ellford" is a super cheesy home shopping parody where I play the host to a series of oddball "entrepreneurs" who come on the show to sell things.

2) Have your experiences in the comedy world led you to believe that being funny is something to be developed or something people have in them from birth?

I think you have to have a sense of humor and be able to laugh at yourself, however the skill of "developing a comedic idea" must be learned. Just like writing an academic paper, you learn a format, and then the ideas you develop should be all your own. That's sounds like such a boring answer but I feel like structure sets you free!

3) Is the "window of funniness theory" true? In other words, do funny people stay funny forever, or is being funny a fleeting phenomenon?

Great questions! I think (at least I hope) a person's spirit and sense of fun and play stays the same throughout life. The only thing that has ever made me feel "unfunny" is just personal stuff I am going through, and that's just usually because it's draining (fighting with boyfriends etc.). So largely, I am gonna say yes: funny forever!

4) Who is your favorite comedian of all time?

Joan Rivers. Incredible on stage and screen. 

5) Do you plan to go see "The Interview?"




No comments:

Post a Comment